While out on many of life’s adventure, we often stumble upon little treasures and are not sure where to place them. Well, in this next class I encourage you to bring some of your little treasures along with you to create free formed wired rocks or beach glass and beyond We will be using using 21 square and/or 18 half round gauge wires to focus on using pliers, twisting wire, becoming familiar with the strength and flexibility of wires; and manipulating wire around a variety of pieces(e.g. crystals, gemstones, beach glass, and more from your collections).
Below is a list of supplies that you may want to have for you in class projects. We will also have the materials on hand. The items are as follows:
- Square Wire (21 Gauge)Â Â (Please get the same color in half-round.)
- Half-Round Wire (18 Gauge)Â (Please get the same color in square wire)
- Chain-Nose Pliers– Bending and Cutting Wire
- Â Flat-Nose Pliers– Bending wire
- Round-Nose Pliers Pliers– Great for loops
- New Toe Nail Clippersâ€“trimming wire up close; Great Price
- Metal Nail File â€“ smoothing out wire edges
- Beads (4mm–6mm)
- Ruler (Preferably Metric and English for mm)
- Rocks or Gemstones (e.g. Amethyst, Citrine, Beach Glass)
As beginners please donâ€™t buy any REAL gold or sterling silver wire; most wire is copper coated in the color of choice.
If you are disappointed that you have missed some of our fun lessons, we will occasionally be hosting “Make Up Class Days.” As the head teacher of Ragged Edge Beads; I may ask my wonderful students to help guide you in these lessons. In addition to their guidance it would be my privilege to work with you as well!
Also, if you are interested in taking any of the past classes with a group of 5 or more people please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
On a happy note, we are proud to be offering more classes through Hudson Valley in the Spring. The classes will be held at the Ragged Edge Print Studio, but they will provide us with the opportunity to expand our community!
Meeting dates for theÂ Fall -Early WinterÂ SeasonÂ will be onÂ Tuesdays from 5:00-7:30Â with flexibilityÂ (contact us):Â
- November 15, 2011-Free Form Wire Wrapped Rocks
- November 29, 2011-Framed Wire Wrapped Cabochons, Agate Slabs, and Flat Pieces
- December 13, 2011-Beaded Necklaces with Wired Pieces and Wires-S Clasps
- December 27, 2011-Make Up Class-Anything from Past Lessons is Game
- Studio: $5
- Teacher: $10 (Liz LaPorte)
- Materials: $5 or less on average